Annual Fund Drive
MAFA is pleased to announce that its second annual fund drive commences in September 2021 and will run until November 21, 2021, the feast day of the Presentation of the Theotokos in the Temple. The Feast of the Presentation is MAFA’s Patronal Feast, chosen in part because of the importance of the Theotokos to Mount Athos, over which she serves as Protectress.
Accomplishments of MAFA and Goals of the Fund Drive
MAFA has already accomplished much in just the first three years of its existence, including providing support for:
- Seven Scholarships (travel grants) in aid of Athos-related theological and historical research
- Axion Estin Cell Restoration
- English Translation of the Athonite Panagion in collaboration with the Mount Athos Center in Thessaloniki
- Grigoriou Monastery Fire Recovery (emergency repairs)
- Simonopetra Footpaths and Roads Rehabilitation Planning Project
- Sisters of the Prodromos Convent on Mt. Kissavos in central Greece
- Supporters of Athonite & Monastic Medicine (for the purchase of critical medical supplies and equipment for the diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19 at the Mount Athos Health Center in Karyes)
Funds raised in the 2021 Annual Fund Drive will go to support new and ongoing efforts on Mt. Athos like those above. MAFA also hopes to use some funds to start building an endowment, which should provide reliable, sustained support for the Holy Mountain in the future.
Donations for the Fund Drive
Donations for the fund drive can be made via check made out to Mount Athos Foundation of America and sent as follows:
2740 Claflin Road
Manhattan, KS 66502
ATTN: Deposit for Mount Athos Foundation of America
Donations may also be made via MAFA’s PayPal link by clicking on the button below. Please note that your donation is for the 2021 Annual Fund Drive.
MAFA is a registered 501(c)(3) organization with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Donations to MAFA are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by applicable law.